So I recently found out about a nifty Firefox addon called Social Fixer that allows you to edit some of the things that Facebook annoyingly does.
See picture below, click to enlarge.
NOTE: I edited out personal info with orange boxes, they are not normally there
NOTE2: I replaced the original picture with this one on 09 July because a dumb Fox News article was on the original screencap and it bothered me.
Here are some of those things:
- Change the default look of Facebook (as seen above, I am using a theme called “Dark Facebook” which is easier on the eyes)
- Get rid of pictures in the chat box and also in the notifications area
- Can’t see pictures that are small? Hover over them for it to automatically enlarge instead of opening a new webpage
- Only show who is online in the chat box rather than Facebook choosing who you see online
- Hide the chat box
- Get rid of the News Feed Ticker on the right side
- Default to “Recent Stories” instead of “Top posts” giving the user a chronological News Feed rather than Facebook showing you what it wants you to see.
- Can opt to display Social Fixer’s control panel allowing you to mark posts as “read” like in Gmail
- Hide game icons
- Hide friend’s game activity
- Fix timestamps to show actual date/time (“one hour ago” becomes “12:34am (one hour ago)”)
- Hide multiple (duplicate) stories from your news feed
- By hovering over an area you don’t want, an X appears and you can remove it (you can also re-enable it in the settings)
- Don’t like when a person posts about XYZ? Or annoyed every time someone posts food? Filter your news feed by using keywords.
- Know CSS programming? Add in your own CSS code!
There is even more features than these! I highly recommend you check them out at their site: http://socialfixer.com/
<Original work by BenBRockN. Feel free to reblog, ONLY if you give credit to the original author (me). Thanks!>